Re: cp that shows progress?

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 22:28:42 +0000, Ignoramus9280 wrote this:

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 16:05:31 -0500, John-Paul Stewart
<jpstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ignoramus9280 wrote:
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 20:26:10 GMT, noi <noi@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:43:23 +0000, Ignoramus9280 wrote this:

Sometimes I need to copy large files over slow media (ie a movie from
server to laptop via NFS over wifi, or a big file from a CDROM).

I would really like "cp" that would show progress bar, sort of like
scp when it works over ssh.

Is there anything like that?

thanks

Why not just use scp? And it's more secure, right?

Security is a non issue. Also often the files are local, such as a file
from a DVD to be copied to a local drive.

AFAIK, you can use scp with two local file names. There's no
requirement that one of them be remote.

You are right, but in this case scp does not show progress bar. :)

Is that because it's too quick for less than 1Gb local files?

  • Re: cp that shows progress?
    ... server to laptop via NFS over wifi, or a big file from a CDROM). ... I would really like "cp" that would show progress bar, sort of like scp ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: cp that shows progress?
    ... server to laptop via NFS over wifi, or a big file from a CDROM). ... I would really like "cp" that would show progress bar, sort of like scp ... but in this case scp does not show progress bar. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: cp that shows progress?
    ... server to laptop via NFS over wifi, or a big file from a CDROM). ... I would really like "cp" that would show progress bar, sort of like scp ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: scp exploit
    ... let me wrap my head around this. ... First, who would using scp for local file copying, and why? ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: scp exploit
    ... Or local -> remote. ... The user copying some ... First, who would using scp for local file copying, and why? ...
    (comp.security.ssh)