Re: cp that shows progress?
- From: noi <noi@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 06:41:56 GMT
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 22:28:42 +0000, Ignoramus9280 wrote this:
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 16:05:31 -0500, John-Paul Stewart
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 20:26:10 GMT, noi <noi@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:43:23 +0000, Ignoramus9280 wrote this:
Sometimes I need to copy large files over slow media (ie a movie fromWhy not just use scp? And it's more secure, right?
server to laptop via NFS over wifi, or a big file from a CDROM).
I would really like "cp" that would show progress bar, sort of like
scp when it works over ssh.
Is there anything like that?
Security is a non issue. Also often the files are local, such as a file
from a DVD to be copied to a local drive.
AFAIK, you can use scp with two local file names. There's no
requirement that one of them be remote.
You are right, but in this case scp does not show progress bar. :)
Is that because it's too quick for less than 1Gb local files?
- Prev by Date: DVD checksum error
- Next by Date: Re: How to burn the RED HAT ? I have the working RED HAT Installation CD
- Previous by thread: Re: cp that shows progress?
- Next by thread: Re: cp that shows progress?