Re: swap size for 2gb 2 processors?

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:22:22 +0000, Ron Hardin wrote:

How big should I partition swap for 2gb ram 2 processors? Planning
out a partition magic run on a 120 gb disk, sharing with windows XP.

The rule of thumb is 2 * RAM size, in your case that would be 4G. This is
not a hard and fast rule but given how cheap disk space is there isn't
much reason to use less. BTW If I were you I'd get a second disk rather
than repartition your tiny 120G drive. Newegg is selling 320G Seagates for
$94.

  • Re: WINXP+SP2 RUNS TOO SLOW
    ... 512MB of RAM or more is a decent Windows XP machine. ... clean and secure your Windows computer.. ... application, Disk copier, etc.) You'll be glad to know that if you have ... Why you should use a computer firewall.. ...
  • Re: System Hard Drive RPMs
    ... onto physical resources is another matter. ... Lets limit this to 32 bit Windows. ... You gotta see it the other way around, physical memory - be it disk or ram, ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: recommended anti-spyware progs?
    ... Tip 9 for AntiVirus.. ... Locate all of the software (the installation media - CDs, ... application, Disk copier, etc.) You'll be glad to know that if you have ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Instant Messenger
    ... Locate all of the software (the installation media - CDs, ... application, Disk copier, etc.) You'll be glad to know that if you have ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... Why you should use a computer firewall.. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: cant disable lycos side search, please help
    ... Locate all of the software (the installation media - CDs, ... application, Disk copier, etc.) You'll be glad to know that if you have ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... use the backup tool that comes with Windows XP: ...