Re: Time out with securCRT 4.0 from Windows XP to RedHat linux

Michael Heiming wrote:
In comp.os.linux.misc Tony Lawrence <pcunix@xxxxxxxxx>:

Michael Heiming wrote:
Tony Lawrence wrote:
soup_or_power@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I didn't have any problems with securCRT 4.0 running
on Windows XP until now. When I try to connect to the
RedHat linux server I get time out pop up. The sshd
was running on the linux server. I can ssh from
another linux server to this server in question. Can
someone please drop me a clue?

[stuff]

I got this following message from dig. I don't know if it is
successful. Thanks
$ dig -x 192.168.11.66

; <<>> DiG 9.2.2 <<>> -x 192.168.11.66
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:

Any help please?

It means you don't have a DNS entry at all for 192.168.11.66, if
you had you should see some status like this:

What you get is "NXDOMAIN". I'd suggest checking the DNS setting +
/etc/hosts on the Linux server you can connect from and adjust
your M$ box accordingly. Sound more like a problem with your doze
sw then a Linux problem.

No, he needs it on the Linux box he's trying to connect TO.

Indeed, sounds more likely, thx for your heads up. In any case it
seems his M$ box can't be resolved probably, sticking it in
/etc/hosts might help.

[..]

Another thought (easily checked with "arp" on the Windows box) would be
that Windows is confused and trying to go to some other machine.

Another possibility, running sshd in debug mode on the box he is
connecting to while watching the logs should give more clue, in
addition connecting with 'ssh -vvv ...' would help. But alas he
is using some doze software, I don't know and don't care about.

mail: echo zvpunry@xxxxxxxxxx | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'
#bofh excuse 73: Daemons did it

Many thanks for your kind help. The problem is solved now. I was using
a wrong subnet.

  • Re: SSH Key Authentication Problem
    ... I started over from scratch by deleting my keys off my linux server and off ... I then generated a new key pair in the windows client, ... The contents of my .ssh and .ssh2 folders are now: ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Can Windows and Linux co-exist?
    ... work quite well from Windows and Linux clients alike. ... I want to stick to OpenVPN on my Linux server and machines, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Perl for windows Problem
    ... You have a Windows server, and a Linux server. ... Doing this entirely in Perl, I'd use Sys::Info, or if that didn't get all the data I wanted I'd go to the Win32 modules, and write a CGI script on the Windows box that gathers this information and spits it back in XML. ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: synchronization problems and challenges
    ... I have two windows workspaces (one ... desktop, one portable, both with speech recognition) I have the portable ... my "too dangerous to show to the real world" linux server. ... want the dialogue to do the synchronization to come up once when I ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Command to copy files/folders from linux to windows share
    ... t> file server, what I need to be able to do it copy files from the linux ... t> server to the windows file server via a bash command. ... See if you can install an FTP and/or SSH daemon on the Windows box. ... your linux server, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)