Re: Remote delete files?

howa wrote:

sunebeck@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
howa wrote:
Hi,

How to delete files that exist on remote servers, given that only
secure method is allowed?

If you have ssh access you can write the command in one line like this:

ssh remote-host rm /path/to/file/that/should/be/deleted

happy too earlier...one more problem...

the file is owned by the root, but my ssh can't allow root login, is it
possible to do using this approach?
Open a ssh shell as normal user on the remote machine and and then get root
rights with su ( or sudo) in that ssh shell.

  • Re: How to Xterm to Red Hat from Exceed?
    ... >>through your SSH connection. ... > server running on my laptop and working with X programs ssh-tunneled ... > from remote servers is a standard mode of operation. ... > SSH client on the laptop. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: remote backups: SCP or RSYNC or -?
    ... > Can anyone recommend a good tool for backing up remote servers? ... Use rsync and use ssh for the transfer protocol. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: Reverse SSH tunelling
    ... > some sort of encrypted tunnel, hence the thought of ssh, but I don't ... On all of the 50 remote servers create SSH DSA keys and ... Then, from the central server, use: ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: remote backups: SCP or RSYNC or -?
    ... >Can anyone recommend a good tool for backing up remote servers? ... It uses ssh for transport, it's easy to configure and very ... Arnoud Engelfriet, Dutch patent attorney - Speaking only for myself ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • RE: Linux hacked
    ... Also, what exactly did the history file show, can you paste it into a mail ... > First let me say I'm a security novice. ... > been unsuccessful in getting root back. ... > via ssh but you could su in once logged in as one of three users. ...
    (Security-Basics)