Re: http_get()?

John-Paul Stewart wrote:

Ron Hardin wrote:
John-Paul Stewart wrote:
"Letting Windows actually do it" is why this question is off-topic here,
IMHO. It doesn't matter that "Cygwin tries to look as much like Linux
as possible". Fact is, Windows is under the hood. So any question
about Cygwin is likely to involve Windows' idiosyncrasies and really
ought to be asked in a forum where people are more familiar with those
things...IOW a Cygwin forum.

My Ubuntu also links successfully to a http_get() call, so it's something
that Cygwin is just reproducing.

It's some non-standard library (or library extension). Can you provide
sample code, and a example of how you built it?

Here (Debian/testing) I get the expected "unresolved symbol" error on a
simple test case that calls http_get().

You're right. The compiler optimized the call out
if(0)http_get();

which I think, strictly speaking, is incorrect; anyway something like
if(0)strcmp(0,0,0);

produces an error for too many arguments, so it's sort of guaranteeing
that the unreachable code is acceptable, you'd think.

--
Ron Hardin
rhhardin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: What is the more popular UNIX flavor?
    ... about my experience with Solaris and Cygwin. ... installing packages. ... needing eg tftp you only need to activate on a Unix system. ... probably need installing first on the equivalent Windows system. ...
    (comp.unix.questions)
  • Re: Using PHP to parse specific XML tag content?
    ... XML --> HTML transformation in testing environment. ... run just fine under Windows using Cygwin, and, unless I'm ... And they aren't going to run cygwin on these systems, ... It's a programming language designed ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Cygwin or Windows: file permission functions are broken
    ... I don't find the explanation very clear (does "the Windows ... files (Cygwin touch, CMD.EXE copy, anything). ... the Windows permissions mask is way larger of a set than ... When under the "use filetest 'access'" the above-mentioned ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: http_get()?
    ... Ron Hardin wrote: ... Cygwin tries to look as much like linux as possible under the circumstances. ... What works, works, and a lot of stuff works as a result of letting windows ... I missed out on the web crawling part of modern computer education; ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Good debugger?
    ... >>Any Tcl core that was built for windows doesn't have that problem. ... >Because Cygwin, by definintion, is not native. ... that's still in script form from prodebug. ... >>But if it can't coexist with native Tcl components, ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)