mount -t vfat /dev/ram0 /mnt/test0

Hello,

I want to mount my RAM disk by FAT filesystem. I created
a RAM disk and it works. (I confirmed that it is working
because it can be mounted by EXT{2, 3} successfully.)

But it can't be mount by FAT. Follows are commands which
I have typed to mount my RAM disk by FAT.

# mkfs.ext3 /dev/ram0
mke2fs 1.38 (30-Jun-2005)
Filesystem label=
OS type: Linux
Block size=4096 (log=2)
Fragment size=4096 (log=2)
4096 inodes, 4096 blocks
204 blocks (4.98%) reserved for the super user
First data block=0
1 block group
32768 blocks per group, 32768 fragments per group
4096 inodes per group

Writing inode tables: done
Creating journal (1024 blocks): done
Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information: done

This filesystem will be automatically checked every 33 mounts or
180 days, whichever comes first. Use tune2fs -c or -i to override.

# mount -t ext3 /dev/ram0 /mnt/data0

# df -h | grep data0
/dev/ram0 16M 4.1M 11M 28% /mnt/data0

(I think my RAM disk is working.)

# umount /mnt/data0

# mkfs.vfat /dev/ram0
mkfs.vfat 2.11 (12 Mar 2005)
etry, using default 255/63

(I think something wrong with creating VFAT filesystem
on RAM disk. Do you know what it is?)

# mount -t vfat /dev/ram0 /mnt/data0rmopylae:/mnt #
mount: /dev/ram0: can't read superblock

(I failed to mount my RAM disk by FAT. How can I mount it by FAT?)

  • Re: mount -t vfat /dev/ram0 /mnt/test0
    ... I want to mount my RAM disk by FAT filesystem. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Cant mount pendrive on testing
    ... FAT: utf8 is not a recommended IO charset for FAT ... Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev sdb. ... I try to mount it by command line as root: ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: mount() function problem !
    ... mount() attaches the filesystem specified by source (which is often a device name, ... point within a file system. ... details of the options available for each filesystem type. ... Specifies the journalling mode for file data. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: [autofs] [RFC] Towards a Modern Autofs
    ... >entangling autofs with that work. ... >filesystem it's willing to export. ... >>map is mounted. ... The result is that some users will see mount points ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: UFS Bug: FreeBSD 6.1/6.2/7.0: MOKB-08-11-2006, CVE-2006-5824, MOKB-03
    ... They can simply mount a filesystem with any number of SUID ... root binaries on it and have their way with the box. ... They have physical access to the machine. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)