mount -t vfat /dev/ram0 /mnt/test0

Hello,

I want to mount my RAM disk by FAT filesystem. I created
a RAM disk and it works. (I confirmed that it is working
because it can be mounted by EXT{2, 3} successfully.)

But it can't be mount by FAT. Follows are commands which
I have typed to mount my RAM disk by FAT.

# mkfs.ext3 /dev/ram0
mke2fs 1.38 (30-Jun-2005)
Filesystem label=
OS type: Linux
Block size=4096 (log=2)
Fragment size=4096 (log=2)
4096 inodes, 4096 blocks
204 blocks (4.98%) reserved for the super user
First data block=0
1 block group
32768 blocks per group, 32768 fragments per group
4096 inodes per group

Writing inode tables: done
Creating journal (1024 blocks): done
Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information: done

This filesystem will be automatically checked every 33 mounts or
180 days, whichever comes first. Use tune2fs -c or -i to override.

# mount -t ext3 /dev/ram0 /mnt/data0

# df -h | grep data0
/dev/ram0 16M 4.1M 11M 28% /mnt/data0

(I think my RAM disk is working.)

# umount /mnt/data0

# mkfs.vfat /dev/ram0
mkfs.vfat 2.11 (12 Mar 2005)
etry, using default 255/63

(I think something wrong with creating VFAT filesystem
on RAM disk. Do you know what it is?)

# mount -t vfat /dev/ram0 /mnt/data0rmopylae:/mnt #
mount: /dev/ram0: can't read superblock

(I failed to mount my RAM disk by FAT. How can I mount it by FAT?)

.