Re: how to automatically run a script each day?

Shawn wrote:

Hi,

I want to run a script everyday. I heard of cron. But the problem is
(1)It seems it needs root permission, which is impossible for me to get
it, because the administrative people in the company will not give that
to me.
(2)I have never used cron. Reading the tutorial found on the web seems
it is not easy (for me).

I am wondering if there is any other ways to do it. It is just a simple
script which needs to be run every day. I hate to do it by myself
manually.

Thank you very much.

man crontab

use like this:

crontab -e

--
Dancin in the ruins tonight
Tayo'y Mga Pinoy

  • Re: how to automatically run a script each day?
    ... Shawn wrote: ... It seems it needs root permission, which is impossible for me to get ... Even though cron runs as root, regular users can use it, unless ... man 5 crontab ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • how to automatically run a script each day?
    ... I want to run a script everyday. ... I heard of cron. ... It seems it needs root permission, which is impossible for me to get it, because the administrative people in the company will not give that to me. ... I hate to do it by myself manually. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: how to automatically run a script each day?
    ... Shawn writes: ... It seems it needs root permission, which is impossible for me to get ... I have never used cron. ... crontab calls up the editor to edit the file that cron uses. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: how to automatically run a script each day?
    ... I want to run a script everyday. ... I heard of cron. ... It seems it needs root permission, which is impossible for me to get it, because the administrative people in the company will not give that to me. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: how to automatically run a script each day?
    ... I want to run a script everyday. ... I heard of cron. ... It seems it needs root permission, which is impossible for me to get ... But your sysadmins might not like that, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)