Something to log/record http-sessions?

I guess this is a bit off-topic, but here goes...

I'm looking for *something* -- maybe a plug-in/extension
to a web-browser (firefox or opera), a stand-alone
program/script emulating a browser, or something
to hook-up to the kernel or network-device -- that
logs the interactions between my web-browser and
a remote server, to screen or file.

I need to know what is recived (not necesserily
full pages or pictures, but file-name and perhaps
the beginning of the page/picture), what is sent
out, where I'm re-directed, cookies, and forms
I send. Whatever it is, must be able to handle
JavaScript (validating and sending forms).

I wish to make a script to automate log-in and
further access to a web-page, but first I need
to find out how the h*** the page detements
wheter or not I'm logged-in and how my log-in
information is sent... So I thought a way to record
my interaction to the site from a normal browser
in some way, would be as good a solution as any.

-Koppe

  • Re: Issues of state
    ... Every http hit then almost certainly comes from the same ... the app can always set a random cookie at ... hundred bytes) you can put it entirely into browser cookies and send ... But the browser is a terrible front-end for AJAX designs because it doesn't record the state changes that take place as a result of requests for updated InnerHTML content, so if the user is unwise enough to press the "back" button she loses all traces of the non-page interactions that have taken place since the page was loaded. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Something to log/record http-sessions?
    ... program/script emulating a browser, or something ... logs the interactions between my web-browser and ... a remote server, to screen or file. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Browser session dump
    ... I want to record all my interactions with a website - in other words what I ... website uses SSL, Javascript and Flash to do the interaction. ... make a browser divulge the SSL keys so that I can decrypt tcpdump traces? ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: C# oder PHP
    ... Heute akzeptieren leider viel zu viele Anwender noch jeden Unsinn im Web-Browser. ... dass sich dies bald mal bessern wird und die Programmierer+Anwender 'reifer' werden. ... Und nur, weil Web-Applikationen keine Menüleiste haben und im Browser laufen, sind sie auch nicht per se schlecht bedienbar. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.entwickler.dotnet.csharp)
  • Re: C# oder PHP
    ... Heute akzeptieren leider viel zu viele Anwender noch jeden Unsinn im Web-Browser. ... Und nur, weil Web-Applikationen keine Menüleiste haben und im Browser laufen, sind sie auch nicht per se schlecht bedienbar. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.entwickler.dotnet.csharp)