CYGWIN, XTERM and strange line wrapping issue
- From: "farseer" <farseer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 19 Jan 2007 20:52:55 -0800
I am using cygwin and experiencing an odd behavior with xterm. At the
command line, if i start typing a long line, what happens is that
after the 30th character, the next character i type is printed at the
very beginning of the SAME line (column 1 of the xterm screen and where
the prompt begins). Now if continue to type, when i hit the end of the
line, the line will wrap properly to the next line.
So for example, here is how my line looks after the 30th character.
Note the cursor the position of the cursor:
Now when i type a "1" followed by a "2", the "1" is outputted fine, but
the cursor then ends up at the M, so that the M is overwritten by "2"
Finally, as i continue to type, the characters will overwrite hte
existing characters until i hit the end of the xterm window, at which
point the line will now wrap:
I know this is confusing..it's even harder to explain! If you can
understand what i am saying, can you help me understand why is this
happening and how can i resolve?
- Prev by Date: Re: bison/flex question
- Next by Date: Re: updatedb seems to ignore prunepaths environment variable
- Previous by thread: CYGWIN, bashrc prompt not working on start up..
- Next by thread: Re: CYGWIN, XTERM and strange line wrapping issue