Re: Capitalization

On Saturday 20 Jan 2007 14:16, Michael Heiming
<michael+USENET@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in comp.os.linux.misc:

In comp.os.linux.misc Schraalhans Keukenmeester
Is there a command line tool readily available that capitalizes each
word in a string? I have found a C function, but before I start

$ echo "Personally I prefer all lowercase" | awk '{print toupper($0)}'

To return to the OP's question, how do you use that to achieve the

Personally I Prefer All Lowercase
Robert HULL

Archival or publication of this article on any part of
is without consent and is in direct breach of the Data Protection Act

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Capitalization
    ... word in a string? ... I have found a C function, but before I start writing ... PERSONALLY I PREFER ALL LOWERCASE ... #bofh excuse 354: Chewing gum on /dev/sd3c ...
  • Re: Getting the object type
    ... In regard to code that is expected to work in XHTML and HTML documents: ... element or attribute names to strings, ... be converted into lowercase before comparing against a lowercase ...
  • Re: Lowercase
    ... It adds a useful function (Translate) and, like the Cooper Redwine version, doesn't depend on IACHAR and friends, which have a degree of processor dependence. ... It may be a little slower than others, but string functions are not usually time critical for me. ...
  • case-insensitive conversion of a class name String to an object
    ... "some.package.classname", all in lowercase, with no way of knowing how ... to restore the correct case to the class name. ... lowercase String containing the fully-qualified class name? ... 'wrong name' value from the java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError exception). ...
  • Re: Case insensitive version of string.Template?
    ... string.Templateto ignore the case of matched identifiers? ... given the following Template string and ... dictionary where all keys are lowercase, is there a way to have ... if mapping is None: ...