lilo (from windows) lilo.cnf?
- From: ken <ken@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 19:38:27 GMT
looking for some help configuring the lilo.com dos version of lilo. not
sure if it will do i want but here's what i'm trying.
i have dual-boot machine linux/winxp. i have lilo configured from the
linux partition and writen to the MBR. so, in linux i can type "lilo -R
dos" (dos is my winxp boot prompt) and then reboot my computer
straight into windows.
i'd like to do the same from the windows side. ie: use the lilo.com in
windows so that I can issue a "lilo -R (linux/dos)" to force a reboot
into either OS from windows.
just not sure what my lilo.cnf (windows version of lilo.conf) should look like, or what i should have in my /boot directory in windows. it appears that lilo.com is looking for both these things.
anybody done this and can offer some help?
btw, windows is on partition /dev/hda1, and linux on /dev/hda2.
- Prev by Date: Re: sed and awk usage?
- Next by Date: Re: Debian Daylight Savings Time Question
- Previous by thread: Sending chars by hand after PPP link is up
- Next by thread: Re: lilo (from windows) lilo.cnf?