install: unknown group name: -1

I get the exact message cited above when running scripts on my knew
system... apparently install defaults to a groupname called -1 (I am
logged on as root). I can override this with the -o and -g parameters,
but I want to be able to run scripts too.

So... install doesn't recognize user/group ID's what to do next?

  • install: unknown group name: -1
    ... I get the exact message cited above when running scripts on my knew ... apparently install defaults to a groupname called -1 (I am ... install doesn't recognize user/group ID's what to do next? ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • install: unknown group name: -1
    ... I get the exact message cited above when running scripts on my knew ... apparently install defaults to a groupname called -1 (I am ... install doesn't recognize user/group ID's what to do next? ...
    (alt.os.linux)