Re: Dell may add linux to their pc's

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:29:49 GMT, SINNER <99nesorjd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* Ignoramus12213 wrote in comp.os.linux.misc:
I personally do not care if they ship preinstalled linux, I care that
they make linux compatible hardware and give a discount if I do not
buy windows. Supporting linux is very expensive. I doubt that they
would want to do that.

In some cases the machine is actually cheaper WITH an OS as MS
subsidizes the price a bit in exchange for helping to extend the
monopoly.

Well, in this case (which I do not believe to be correct), I would
prefer to get PCs with windows preinstalled to incur additional costs
on microsoft. Of course I would then blow windows away.