Re: Dell may add linux to their pc's
- From: CptDondo <yan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 08:57:15 -0800
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:29:49 GMT, SINNER <99nesorjd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:* Ignoramus12213 wrote in comp.os.linux.misc:I personally do not care if they ship preinstalled linux, I care thatIn some cases the machine is actually cheaper WITH an OS as MS
they make linux compatible hardware and give a discount if I do not
buy windows. Supporting linux is very expensive. I doubt that they
would want to do that.
subsidizes the price a bit in exchange for helping to extend the
Well, in this case (which I do not believe to be correct), I would
prefer to get PCs with windows preinstalled to incur additional costs
on microsoft. Of course I would then blow windows away.
My understanding of the super-secret purchasing agreement is that people like Dell pay a huge lump sum to MS at the start of the year, and then MS refunds a bit of it for every license they sell.
So Dell has a huge incentive to push as many licenses as possible.
But as the agreements themselves are super-secret, the above is conjecture.
- Prev by Date: Re: How to create a file named "\a" and "-a"
- Next by Date: Re: USB Microscope camera or webcam for Linux?
- Previous by thread: Re: Dell may add linux to their pc's
- Next by thread: Re: Dell may add linux to their pc's