Re: Dell may add linux to their pc's
- From: SINNER <arcade.master@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 20:50:29 GMT
* Ignoramus12697 wrote in comp.os.linux.misc:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:29:49 GMT, SINNER
* Ignoramus12213 wrote in comp.os.linux.misc:
I personally do not care if they ship preinstalled linux, I care
that they make linux compatible hardware and give a discount if I do
not buy windows. Supporting linux is very expensive. I doubt that
they would want to do that.
In some cases the machine is actually cheaper WITH an OS as MS
subsidizes the price a bit in exchange for helping to extend the
Well, in this case (which I do not believe to be correct),
How about now?
prefer to get PCs with windows preinstalled to incur additional costs
on microsoft. Of course I would then blow windows away.
The issue is 2 fold.
If the goal is to 'spread the word' then not installing Linux on the box
and merely ensuring hardware compatibility pretty much means that Linux
will only get into the hands of the people already using it.
Installing it covers both issues, it allows anyone to get Linux in their
hands with little or no effort AND ensures hardware compatibility.
- Prev by Date: Re: Dell may add linux to their pc's
- Next by Date: Re: How to create a file named "\a" and "-a"
- Previous by thread: Re: Dell may add linux to their pc's
- Next by thread: Re: Dell may add linux to their pc's