Re: firefox on fedora

You may be able to find an .rpm of it somewhere, and I think the
latest Fedora might have a graphical RPM installer so you could try
double clicking on that.

On your setup.exe question, just remember you're not on Windows,
you're on Linux, they're not the same thing so some things are done
differently (well, in a better way).

  • Re: Re: Deploring *nix Philosophy
    ... > you could set it so users could open and close the ppp interface at will. ... > initially invest in a fedora bible of sorts. ... > bring the complexity or power of the OS down to the level of a windows ... > sure that bringing Linux down to the level of windows home setup just to ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Anything for home user and not the technical one??
    ... familiarize yourself with (things different from Windows) are CD/DVD/USB-flash ... At this checkpoint you are able to successfully use Fedora for everyday ... purposes and to be able to install new software as needed. ... This huge thread reminded me the first experience i had with linux. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Subject: RE: Fedora and the "normal" user
    ... I know all these are supported in Fedora, ... > has windows installed). ... those with less computer experience settle quicker than 'power ... I like to think windows has most things worked out from the users point of view so use Linux in the back end as much as I can, although saying that staff demanded to use Outlook 2003 last year and the only back end system that would fully support Outlook 2003 was of course exchange 2003. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Given Up on Linux
    ... >>My apologies, but unfortunately, I gave up on the L440GX with Fedora. ... >>Loaded Windows 2000 Server on it and it went fine. ... >>remarks to those who believe Linux is something to get so offended over ... > your hardware and there's always a fix somewhere. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Evolutionary Humour
    ... gparted resize my ubuntu partition so I can make room for Fedora ... Linux distro, which is getting as far away from Microsoft as possible. ... mess around with and have Windows on separate machines? ...
    (talk.origins)