Re: simple zip via cron problem

On 2007-03-27, robert <robertlazarski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all, allow the example to explain. This works:

cd /usr/local/builds/checkout/at_branch1/applications/AlphaTheoryWeb/
src/java/
zip -r /tmp/at_src.zip *
adding: com/ (stored 0%)

The problem: I can't change to a dir in a script running via cron - at
least it didn't seem to work.

What was your crontab entry? If it was a script, what was the script?

--keith

--
kkeller-usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(try just my userid to email me)

  • Re: Expect and backspace characters
    ... >I have an Expect script running from the Cron, ... >filter out the local echo and / or the backspace characters that are ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: [opensuse] Email signature command execution help
    ... would have to have this 'signature' script running in the ... signature attach file in Mozilla/TB. ... even the cron example wouldn't work. ... signature file, then create a shell script, scriptname, and finally ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: HELP: cgi-bin script takes 100% CPU - strace shows nothing
    ... "D> This particular process is part of a cgi script. ... "D> strace output to a file, the process ends normally and quickly. ... "D> command output shows nothing after a certain point. ... what UID/GID is the script running under? ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: [PHP] Individual bulk e-mails - performance question
    ... script running as a daemon, checking for emails to be sent every ... need to detect if your daemon dies:) On the plus side though, ... eliminate the overhead of starting up the script every 5 minutes:) ... I accomplish the same with cron scripts by using locks with expiry. ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: what script is whacking roots files
    ... assume this is from a script running from periodic and can be set NOT to ... There is no such standard script in FreeBSD. ... but every so often the dot files disappear for root. ... Check system crontab file and your own crontab (crontab -lu ...
    (freebsd-questions)