Re: How to create scrolling text

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:29:14 -0700, Vilmos Soti wrote this:

Hello,

Anybody know how to create a movie with scrolling text? I don't need any
fancy features like bold, justifications, different indents, etc.. All I
need is maybe some line breaks and empty lines.

I would highly prefer something scriptable, (in other words I am not a GUI
fan) where I need to give only two parameters: The textfile with the text,
and the dimensions of the movie.

Right now I have an incredibly convoluted homebrew solution, but
unfortunately it has its limits.

Thanks, Vilmos

I'm experimenting with adding subtitles to a DVD. I didn't create the
subtitles but
mencoder -sub <subtitle text> -o an.mpeg ~/videos

or
spumux -P title.sub -m DVD < an.mpeg > andwithtitles.mpeg

How one constructs a sub or subtitle.srt file looks tiresome.

$ less an.mpeg.srt
1
00:01:12,767 --> 00:01:15,851
<i>some text stuff goes here to but don't know about timing</i>

2
00:01:15,851 --> 00:01:18,352
<i>don't know anything about timing</i>

  • How to create scrolling text
    ... need any fancy features like bold, justifications, different ... indents, etc.. ... and the dimensions of the movie. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Dubbed vs. Subtitled -- Re: Pans Labyrinth
    ... I too have had the experience where I enjoyed a subtitled movie more ... the the visuals have a hard time competing. ... It was a scene where you clearly were supposed to be watching ... better watched with the English dub track than with the subtitles. ...
    (alt.video.dvd)
  • Re: FMA - Movie - English Subs clarification
    ... >> But how would one go about ordering the FMA movie? ... the R2 DVD is coming out with English subtitles in two editions: ... on another CD Japan page ... Sure, some German technology was ...
    (rec.arts.anime.misc)
  • Re: Anyone Seen Cache? (Spoiler)
    ... At first I found it frustrating that we don`t ... wise critiques in the daily press realised that the whole movie is ... How many years have there been subtitles? ... Don''t scroll down if you haven't seen Cache'. ...
    (rec.arts.movies.current-films)
  • Re: CLOUD ATLAS (no spoilers)
    ... Most US movies do have English subtitles for the ... was a TV movie). ... most DVDs of TV shows do have CC ...
    (rec.arts.movies.current-films)