Re: How to create scrolling text

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:29:14 -0700, Vilmos Soti wrote this:

Anybody know how to create a movie with scrolling text? I don't need any
fancy features like bold, justifications, different indents, etc.. All I
need is maybe some line breaks and empty lines.

I would highly prefer something scriptable, (in other words I am not a GUI
fan) where I need to give only two parameters: The textfile with the text,
and the dimensions of the movie.

Right now I have an incredibly convoluted homebrew solution, but
unfortunately it has its limits.

Thanks, Vilmos

I'm experimenting with adding subtitles to a DVD. I didn't create the
subtitles but
mencoder -sub <subtitle text> -o an.mpeg ~/videos

spumux -P title.sub -m DVD < an.mpeg > andwithtitles.mpeg

How one constructs a sub or file looks tiresome.

$ less
00:01:12,767 --> 00:01:15,851
<i>some text stuff goes here to but don't know about timing</i>

00:01:15,851 --> 00:01:18,352
<i>don't know anything about timing</i>

Relevant Pages

  • How to create scrolling text
    ... need any fancy features like bold, justifications, different ... indents, etc.. ... and the dimensions of the movie. ...
  • Dubbed vs. Subtitled -- Re: Pans Labyrinth
    ... I too have had the experience where I enjoyed a subtitled movie more ... the the visuals have a hard time competing. ... It was a scene where you clearly were supposed to be watching ... better watched with the English dub track than with the subtitles. ...
  • Re: FMA - Movie - English Subs clarification
    ... >> But how would one go about ordering the FMA movie? ... the R2 DVD is coming out with English subtitles in two editions: ... on another CD Japan page ... Sure, some German technology was ...
  • Re: Anyone Seen Cache? (Spoiler)
    ... At first I found it frustrating that we don`t ... wise critiques in the daily press realised that the whole movie is ... How many years have there been subtitles? ... Don''t scroll down if you haven't seen Cache'. ...
  • Re: CLOUD ATLAS (no spoilers)
    ... Most US movies do have English subtitles for the ... was a TV movie). ... most DVDs of TV shows do have CC ...