mplayer confusion -- no gui?

Hi All,

I have been playing with mplayer. I think I am
missing something. I get just a command line utility.
No volume adjustment, no gui controls of any kind.

If I run a video DVD (mplayer /dev/dvd), I get
a video screen with no controls (no sound either!).

If I run streaming audio from the web, it works
fine, but again, it is a command line terminal
with no adjustments.

Is there suppose to be a gui interface for this thing?
What am I missing?

Many thanks,
-T

rpm -qa \*mplayer\*

mplayerplug-in-3.35-1.el4.rf
mplayer-1.0-58_r21812.el4.at
mplayer-codecs-extra-20061022-1
mplayer-skin-mini-0.1-11.1.at
mplayer-fonts-1.0-7.at
mplayer-codecs-20061022-1

  • Re: mplayer confusion -- no gui?
    ... missing something. ... I get just a command line utility. ... No volume adjustment, no gui controls of any kind. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: mplayer confusion -- no gui?
    ... No volume adjustment, no gui controls of any kind. ... What am I missing? ... Try gmplayer. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • ld.so.1: fatal ImportError: ld.so.1 No such file or directory
    ... you've GOT to finnd the missing file! ... This command above should go in your rc file, eg, ~/.tcshrc, ~/.cshrc, ... If you are still having trouble, ... try section-3 below, but then you're on your own. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Changing printer settings with Rundll32 - XP Embedded
    ... I will try to upload the FileMon log file tomorrow at on the XPEFiles.com ... related if the error is there not due to a missing component. ... DependencyWalker showing missing msjava.dll is typically a bogus message. ... did you make sure Print Spooler service is running before you issued that command? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: question about portmaster
    ... When running 'pkg check' you will be prompted to install missing ... which package is required by which other package correctly.) ... pkg2ng: Command not found. ...
    (freebsd-questions)