Re: Downgrade from 2.6 to 2.4?
- From: John-Paul Stewart <jpstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 14:24:19 -0400
Marco A. Cruz Quevedo wrote:
I am using the same RAM as when 2.2.17 (Red Hat 6.0, KDE 1.1). The
video card is SiS 620. When I installed Linux, I had to look for the
specific driver (I was using XFree86 3.3.6) So, the hardware is the
same but the software was upgraded. Any ideas?
Even though the amount of RAM that was fine with KDE 1.1, that does *not* necessarily mean it will be sufficient for KDE 3.x. There may also have been a similar increase in memory requirements between the old XFree86 3.3.6 and whatever version of X.org you're using now.
The SiS 620 should be supported, AFAICT, out of the box, by using the "sis" driver. It's possible that your current setup uses the generic "vesa" driver instead of the proper chip-specific driver. Check your /etc/X11/xorg.conf to be sure.
- Prev by Date: Re: Differences between 2.6.18 and 2.6.19+
- Next by Date: Re: No video or garbage in text mode after compiling new kernel
- Previous by thread: Re: Downgrade from 2.6 to 2.4?
- Next by thread: Re: Downgrade from 2.6 to 2.4?