Re: Run the RedHat setup without installing SendMail

Every time I installed RedHat Enterprise 3.0 update4 or update8 I have
to uninstall sendmail package after the installation, does anyone know
in which package groupe this SendMail program is installed (i think
RedHat installed this by default) and if there's anyway we can tell
the setup to not installed Sendmail I would appreciate your help....

You can tell up2date to exclude certain packages, just
run up2date-config -- and you will see a tab for packages to
exclude.

--
John
John Murtari Software Workshop Inc.

  • Re: dist-upgrade problem (was Re: /etc/modutils/0keep: line 9: keep: command not found)
    ... Reading package fields... ... i t does not have execute permission ... installation script returned error exit status 100. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Trying to get PackMan to install GCC
    ... A repository can be tested consistent (ie all dependencies of all programs ... control, but RISC OS shared libraries (which are essentially ready, just ... Additional filecan describe what the package manager ... Readmes after installation, or the app needs to do something sensible on ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: Finding installed package files
    ... >, and who is going to supply this documentation. ... > is a package with the common man pages for the thousand odd common commands ... tell me, as an installation option for some large packages, what was ... >>a set of commands and 'man' pages, could produce such a directory to make it ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Security Update for Microsoft Data Access Components (KB832483)
    ... : An error occurred while setup was trying to ... verify the version of Microsoft Data Access Components ... package returned FALSE, or there was a fatal error while ... installation. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)