Re: Which distro for out of the box for good multimedia support

Michael Heiming wrote:

Those are a few commands you can copy&paste from one of the
numerous FC howto (Ie.:)
http://optics.csufresno.edu/~kriehn/fedora/fedora_files/fc6/howto/multimedia.html)

I forgot to add, I do not have internet connection at home :( So I
cannot download stuff at my home computer, where I intend to install
Linux. I can, of course, download it elsewhere and carry it home, and
burn it to CD. But the hassle is to do all that config stuff after
every format. Maybe I will format the PC every 2 months, maybe every
year.

Do I need to have an Internet connection while installing libs and
codecs for AV files? If Redhat provided the stuff on the DVD, there
would have been no problem for them to include multimedia support
during the installation process itself. I think you would need to be
connected. Otherwise, it would be very strange on RedHats part to
stuff AV libs/codecs/apps in the DVD, but not let you include it in
installation process.

Thanks.

  • Re: Install FC6
    ... site and download a respin DVD that has all of the RPM's fully updated. ... how do I get FC6 to install without an internet connection? ... If you have enough running to install emacs, ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • RE: how to download through windows
    ... Probably the Install/Live DVD would do. ... and is not able to connect to internet from my kubuntu. ... however i have a running internet connection on win. ... I want to know can i download applications for my kubuntu ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Choppy video/audio
    ... Internet connection speed, and as long as you remain on dial-up (which ... will only work if you can find a reliable way to download the streaming ... you would ever come across as well as a robust media player that can ... wondering, maybe: update video ...
  • Re: My home page has changed to "CoolWWWSearch" variant
    ... the current version of CWShredder is 1.57.0. ... >>> alg.exe turned out to be related to ICS, Internet connection sharing. ... >>> the CWS addon helper appearing in the IE Settings. ... Without me ever agreeing to a download or similar numpty ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Dressage Results
    ... read 10-11 AM gymnastics, 11-noon boxing, etc. ... can download episodes of Mad Men. ... There are two ways that I can "stream" movies through my Internet connection rather than from the satellite. ...
    (soc.retirement)