Install RH 5 over RH 4 from disk (boot fails from CD # 1)
- From: Spendius <spendius@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 26 Apr 2007 04:58:03 -0700
I'm trying to install RH 5 from CD's, over a previous install of RH
4 I did before, but the first CD fails after a few seconds of boot
(it hangs on the line "running /sbin/loader", I tried several boot
options but to no avail, there's no way to go any further).
I'd like to know if I can upgrade from RH 4 to 5 anyway (as
the boot fails): could I for ex. copy the .iso images on my
disk, boot from my hard disk (on which RH 4 is installed) but
tell it to then boot from my disk image (or do I have to copy
files from the CD # 1 ?) ??
The computer is an Acer TravelMate of the 520 series. I really
found no workaround to solve this "running /sbin/loader" trouble
so it would help me a lot if I could install RH 5 another way...
Thanks a lot,
- Prev by Date: Debian 4.0 timezone and Sun Java Problem
- Next by Date: Re: redhat tape restore
- Previous by thread: Debian 4.0 timezone and Sun Java Problem
- Next by thread: Re: Install RH 5 over RH 4 from disk (boot fails from CD # 1)