Re: Convert wma to mp3?

On a similar note, is AAC(HE-AAC,mp4) patentend in a similar manner,
restricting people from encoding/decoding without paying for patent? I
found 3 paragraphs about this in wikipedia(http://en.wikipedia.org/
wiki/Advanced_Audio_Coding#Licensing_and_patents) and I find all the 3
paragraphs dis-agree each other. I want to encode my music to AAC,
anyone know of these patent issues?