Re: can not delete empty files

joelbrunetti@xxxxxxxxx staggered into the Black Sun and said:
There are 4 files on my drive that I can not delete. I am running on
amd64 and the filesystem in question is XFS.
[ls -l]
?--------- ? ? ? ? ? stvs6ep07.avi
[snip]

Anytime you see "?" in the first column of an ls -l, you have Problems.
The stat() syscall returns a bunch of well-defined values in st_mode for
normal files. If it returns values that are not in spec for st_mode,
you see ?s in ls -l's output, and you have filesystem problems. umount
the filesystem and run xfs.fsck (or whatever they call it) and hope it
works. If not, hope your backups are current.

joel@jupiter:~/.Trash/voyagers6$ rm stvs6ep07.r00
rm: cannot remove `stvs6ep07.r00': No such file or directory

....aye, filesystem problems. umount and fsck.

I am going to again run xfs_check to see if it can correct the
problem.

If it didn't work before, what makes you think it'll work again?

--
As a dog stood outside the gate of a temple, the Buddha called to him,
"Dog, why do you not enter?" The dog looked back and replied, "I do not

  • Re: UFS Logging Error
    ... > Immediately after burning a CD I've got /home filesystem problems. ... I'd be concerned about the hard/soft errors this disk shows. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Leafnode -- After Power Failure
    ... created if the filesystem is mounted, then converted next time e2fsck ... journal when there are filesystem problems, ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: Leafnode -- After Power Failure
    ... converted next time e2fsck is run on the unmounted fs. ... journal when there are filesystem problems, ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: Directory numbers
    ... Look at the error message again. ... Inodes are unique on a filesystem, ... And filesystem problems on a softRAID are usually a sign of bad things. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)