black bars on monitor, refresh issues (I think)

Hi,

I've got a hw191d hanns-g monitor connected by vga to my laptop. I
have an intel embedded graphics (i810 driver).

On the highest resolution (1440 x 900), no matter what I set
horizontal and vertical refresh in my xorg.conf, it is always stuck at
(according to my monitor) H:51.3khz V:53.5hz. Xrandr incorrectly
reports a refresh rate of 60.

Additonally, black bars are present on the side of the monitor (where
the desktop real estate doesn't stretch to cover). I can change the
clock and phase to cover more of it, but never all of it.

On windows, and according to the manual for my monitor it supports H:
70.635 khz and V: 75 hz.

Has anyone else had problems with this monitor or this driver? I'd
like to be able to use all of my screen real estate on linux...

Thanks,
Brendan

  • X refresh problem (XF86config-4 attached)
    ... I'm trying to lower the refresh rate of my monitor, ... EndSection ... # Identifier and driver ... the way multiple screens are organised. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • i810 on Xorg 7.2 RC: Image is Portrait but not the Monitor
    ... Till yesterday I worked with a portrait 1280x1024 19" monitor driven by ... a Intel X3000 chipset working with the VESA driver of Xorg 6.9 ... # Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled ... # the way multiple screens are organised. ...
    (comp.os.linux.x)
  • Re: X woes - cant set the correct resolution no matter what...
    ... I have Fedora Core 6 and by default it choose i810 driver for X for my ... It is probably not the driver, but your external monitor that has a problem. ... Identifier "Screen0" ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: monitor not vga compatible help
    ... compatible i dont have disc know that xp has this driver ... understand it it is a tft monitor proview i have been to the ... using Win XP and get the error message "VGA not compatible." ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)