NetworkManager and DHCP
- From: Suk <sukesh@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 12 May 2007 09:16:23 -0700
Im using Ubuntu Desktop 7.04
Interface eth0 is set to get an IP via DHCP, but I dont want it to get
any information about DNS servers, because im already running bind on
my system and I have static entries in named.conf
So, I edited /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf so that the request line just
got the bits i needed (everything except DNS servers) like this..
request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers;
But now it turns out that my /etc/resolv.conf file is being
overwritten by NetworkManager -- with empty entries.
I had the nameserver set to the static IP of my second interface
(eth1), but everytime I boot up NetworkManger overwrites this with
Anyone know how to stop this from happening? I dont think I need
NetworkManager running anyway, how do I disable it?
- Prev by Date: Re: Restoring stdin
- Next by Date: Re: yahoo messenger under wine
- Previous by thread: Question on vsftpd directory control
- Next by thread: Using URPMI -- update