Re: eek! Help

On 16 May 2007 09:49:24 -0700, thomasanthonyford wrote:
Im trying to mount my windows drive onto linux so i can access a file
which i need to burn to a cd (but cannot through broken windows)

however....

I feel my windows partition may be screwed....

root@thomas-desktop:~# mount -t msdos /dev/sda1 /mnt/windowsc
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda1,
missing codepage or other error
anyway i can fix this?

maybe linux can figure it out, try this

mount -t auto /dev/sda1 /mnt/windowsc

  • Re: eek! Help
    ... which i need to burn to a cd (but cannot through broken windows) ... I feel my windows partition may be screwed.... ... mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda1, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: eek! Help
    ... which i need to burn to a cd (but cannot through broken windows) ... I feel my windows partition may be screwed.... ... probably want vfat, ntfs or nothing -- I don't specify the type on ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)