Re: process /etc/profile Redhat

On May 22, 9:32 am, f...@xxxxxxxxxx (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:
zurk1...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
How do I get the system to process /etc/profile to pick up changes
with out rebooting the system?

You'll need to explain what you want to do, because there is never
any need to reboot in relation to /etc/profile.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) f...@xxxxxxxxxx

I edited the etc/profile to add some environmental variables for
informix nd changes to the PATH variable. Now I want to process the
file so the changes take effect. I know that the file is read on
reboot but I don't want to have to reboot every time I make a change
to /etc/profile. How do I do that? I am sure that there is a way.

.