Re: process /etc/profile Redhat

On May 22, 9:32 am, f...@xxxxxxxxxx (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:
zurk1...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
How do I get the system to process /etc/profile to pick up changes
with out rebooting the system?

You'll need to explain what you want to do, because there is never
any need to reboot in relation to /etc/profile.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) f...@xxxxxxxxxx

I edited the etc/profile to add some environmental variables for
informix nd changes to the PATH variable. Now I want to process the
file so the changes take effect. I know that the file is read on
reboot but I don't want to have to reboot every time I make a change
to /etc/profile. How do I do that? I am sure that there is a way.

  • Re: Damn you, FEDEX! or Nikon D40 lost in Springfield, MO blackhole.
    ... the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. ... After shopping around, he got me to order one for him. ... The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it could take weeks to sort this crap out. ... You may get your insurance from FedEx and a couple weeks later they find it and deliver it. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • SUN E220R - panic[cpu0]/thread=10408000: cpu 2 failed to start (2)
    ... I have a dual processor SUN E220R running Solaris 8 with latest patches. ... The box has been running with no issues but this morning my Informix ... I brought the Informix database back online and it ... After the system was sync'd and rebooted, ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: no access to Informix SE with sqlexecd
    ... > ODBC (Informix Connect 2.81). ... The sqlexecd service is in the sqlhosts file: ... > ifx_se setlitcp ifxserver sqlexecd ... What changed between this reboot and the previous one? ...
    (comp.databases.informix)
  • Re: python 3 constant
    ... is require Python to change to accommodate your need. ... Can you see the slight difference? ... Best regards, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: The Sci-Fi Rejection Letter That Time Forgot
    ... nations have stockpiled arsenals of these incredible bombs and the time the story is set. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)