Re: Program that makes pictures viewable on the surface of CD/DVD

On May 23, 7:45 am, Oliver Bandel <oli...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

it's a while ao that I read about it, and so I
forgot the name.

I'm looking for a program, that creates disk images
in a way, that when this image is burned to the CD or DVD,
on the CD/DVD itself one can see a picture.

So, for example you photograph your cat, and the program
makes your CD/DVD showing the picture on the surface of
the disk.
Or you create a picture with markers for a clock,
and then you can use the CD/DVD as background of a
well-designed clock.

What is the name of this program?

I want to use it.
Maybe some funny birthday presents can be made with it ;-)

TIA,
Oliver

It's DiscT@2, which is a proprietary patented feature in old Yamaha CD
drives. Similar things are LabelFlash and LightScribe although they
don't use the data side of the CD. It isn't just a program or
driver. Here is the Yamaha explanation <http://
www.yamahamultimedia.com/yec/tech/discta2_01.asp>. There might be
some program which lets you simulate the hardware at a crude level,
however I can't seem to find anything.

Googling for any combination of image, cd, data disc, data layer, etc.
doesn't help because image is something that's commonly stored on
CDs. Usually it's more help, but now, nothing.

--
Al Phi

  • Re: Isotope decay chains
    ... In brakets the half-life of the parent nuclides. ... two, different Ni-60, negletting excited states. ... energy, ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: Isotope decay chains
    ... so the only F isotops that i had there were 17 19 and 20 ... > two, different Ni-60, negletting excited states. ... > energy, ... so my guess is that this Ni-60)* is just a lost son of Ni ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: Damn you, FEDEX! or Nikon D40 lost in Springfield, MO blackhole.
    ... the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. ... After shopping around, he got me to order one for him. ... The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it could take weeks to sort this crap out. ... You may get your insurance from FedEx and a couple weeks later they find it and deliver it. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Program that makes pictures viewable on the surface of CD/DVD
    ... that creates disk images ... on the CD/DVD itself one can see a picture. ... well-designed clock. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: python 3 constant
    ... is require Python to change to accommodate your need. ... Can you see the slight difference? ... Best regards, ...
    (comp.lang.python)