Please suggest archive/backup solution?
- From: Sarah <sarah_sonderson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 22:19:53 -0700
Thanks for reading. We have rented space at a computer center, 3
terabytes. We put our data there, and pull it down to workstations as
we need it, and we depend on it as a backup for ongoing processing
too, occasionally backing up current work there.
The problem is, they are unreliable....down often, and with nobody
really supporting the system. We want to bring our archive/backup in
house. But, we need to do it as cheaply as possible.
Looking around I see DAT tape backups for a few hundred. It's OK if it
takes overnight to put some data in our archive, and to pull some data
out to work on. We just need a safe, cheap solution. Usually we keep
things currently being worked on on our workstations, and only
occasionally need to swap to the archive for new data. We put new data
in the archive 2 or 3 times per week. Is this what you would
recommend, or are there other better options?
Many thanks for any suggestions.....
- Prev by Date: Re: Speech to text under Linux
- Next by Date: Re: GnuCash help
- Previous by thread: set comments in vi
- Next by thread: Re: Please suggest archive/backup solution?