Re: Cloning a disk using dd

General Schvantzkoph <schvantzkoph@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The bottom line is that I need a procedure for moving and backing up an
XP environment. I'm trying to do this with tools I understand, which
means Linux tools, but I've had to learn more about Windows then I ever
wanted to know. Does anyone have any suggestions for accomplinsing this
task?

And just why would you expect one OS to properly support admin
of a foreign OS?

There's any number of tools for doing what you want within the
Windows environment ( "ghost", for instance ), so why cripple
yourself insisting on using Linux?

I sure wouldn't use Windows to admin Linux or SunOS to admin
a MAC. But then I'm a pragmatist.

Stan
--
Stan Bischof ("stan" at the below domain)
www.worldbadminton.com