Re: Cloning a disk using dd

General Schvantzkoph <schvantzkoph@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The bottom line is that I need a procedure for moving and backing up an
XP environment. I'm trying to do this with tools I understand, which
means Linux tools, but I've had to learn more about Windows then I ever
wanted to know. Does anyone have any suggestions for accomplinsing this
task?

And just why would you expect one OS to properly support admin
of a foreign OS?

There's any number of tools for doing what you want within the
Windows environment ( "ghost", for instance ), so why cripple
yourself insisting on using Linux?

I sure wouldn't use Windows to admin Linux or SunOS to admin
a MAC. But then I'm a pragmatist.

Stan
--
Stan Bischof ("stan" at the below domain)
www.worldbadminton.com

  • Re: Security through wide system use?
    ... isn't really security at all. ... > Personally, I think this is a very simplistic view, from both Linux ... > and Windows viewpoint, and would like to find references and articles ... non-admin user themself to install things without being admin. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Security through wide system use?
    ... isn't really security at all. ... > Personally, I think this is a very simplistic view, from both Linux ... > and Windows viewpoint, and would like to find references and articles ... non-admin user themself to install things without being admin. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Security through wide system use?
    ... isn't really security at all. ... > Personally, I think this is a very simplistic view, from both Linux ... > and Windows viewpoint, and would like to find references and articles ... non-admin user themself to install things without being admin. ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: S: ssh worms FAQ
    ... Linux distribution if these policies are not already built-in at the ... Certainly the serious versions of Windows, logging on to a server, have ... having very poor security, but the server versions are capable of good ... NO menace for GOOD admin from there. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Which JVM to use under Windows?
    ... "Home users" are using Windows. ... Why on earth would you be coding Java using an obsolete ... Microsoft's environment from the day one, ... Linux, and what I found is that they are clunky. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)