Public/Private keys

I'm trying to set up Putty to allow me to log in using pageant and
public/private keys. I've generated both the public & private keys and
have ftp'd the public key to the remote Linux server. I added the key
to pageant. When I go to log in I'm still asked for user name and
password. If pageant doesn't have the key I get a "server refused our
key" error message. I did add the private key to Putty under the Auth
section.

What else do I need to do?

Thanks.

  • Public/Private keys
    ... public/private keys. ... I've generated both the public & private keys and ... to pageant. ... I did add the private key to Putty under the Auth ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Public/Private keys
    ... public/private keys. ... I've generated both the public & private keys and ... to pageant. ... I did add the private key to Putty under the Auth ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: Public/Private keys
    ... public/private keys. ... I've generated both the public & private keys and ... have ftp'd the public key to the remote Linux server. ... If pageant doesn't have the key I get a "server refused our ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Details of pageant needed
    ... I've been trying to find information about pageant's communication ... I've got all putty thingys in place; ... Remote dRSA authentication accepted. ... the part "Pageant is running" takes like two minutes; ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: WinCVS through Putty and SSH problem (newbie)
    ... Here's how I have set up to use WinCVS and Putty (and pageant and ... Here's one download page for Putty: ... Add the private key you made (the one with the ... Then in WinCVS, in admin->preferences, make sure you put ...
    (comp.security.ssh)