- From: CptDondo <yan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 00:55:42 -0000
I have a remotely administered machine that has lost its boot sector.
We've created a grub floppy and reinstalled the stage 1, 1.5, and 2
Now on reboot we're getting a message that says,
and the machine freezes.
As far as we know, console redirection is not enabled anywhere on the
So.... Is it possible that grub used some random file rather than its
stage 1 loader?
The machine has a boot partition, and we used
grub> find /grub/stage1
grub> root hd(0,0)
grub> setup hd(0)
grub> root hd(1,0)
grub> setup hd(1)
to install the bootloader on both RAID-1 mirrors. Grub installed
everything without any errors.
Anyone have any suggestions? I'm pretty stumped....
- Prev by Date: Re: Problems while running C project in Linux Redhat
- Next by Date: Re: Where do I get these magical fonts?
- Previous by thread: Problems while running C project in Linux Redhat
- Next by thread: Linux Newbie