Query on signal handling
- From: Sunny <shiladitya.biswas@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 00:26:08 -0800 (PST)
I am using Red Hat Enterprise Linux Release 4 (Nahant Update 3). I
need some clarification regarding how kernel delivers SIGCHLD.
I have a parent that installs handler for SIGCHLD. Currently, it calls
a wait(&pid) within the handler and is responsible for cleaning up the
If I simultaneously kill 3 childs (by issuing kill -9 child1 child2
child3) I don't see the handler getting called 3 times. This happens
in a nondeterministic way.
What is the proper way of getting around this problem? Can we use
wait3/wait4 with WNOHANG?
- Prev by Date: Re: logical OR in bash
- Next by Date: Re: logical OR in bash
- Previous by thread: Can a simple user can enforce his/her security constraints in SELINUX???
- Next by thread: Petra Nemcova *** video, pics, naked photo gallery