Re: Best Distro?

On 2008-05-12, Anonymous <eelbash@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Any suggestions? I know almost nothing about linux.

Slackware: Simplicity through transparency.

nb

  • Re: Best Distro?
    ... Slackware: Simplicity through transparency. ... you might want to crawl before you take ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Where to start?
    ... > - NO knowledge of Linux or Unix ... Get the latest set of Slackware CD's. ... But don't hog tie yourself with the Windows way of doing things. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Linux Becomes Female?
    ... >> What in the world is feminine about the words SuSE, ... LInux is really a pretty wide field. ... a big thing, Debian and even Slackware. ... of the counterculture are mainstream. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: machine
    ... Thanks for the excellent response to my questions about linux packaging. ... So there is a package manager of sorts for slackware. ... I wasn't actually going to upgrade because I was ... Mozilla would not install because I have galeon ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: A Newbie Nix Question
    ... > Linux' is the best. ... the GNU/Linux operating system and create your own "distro" by tuning your ... Slackware and RedHat and Mandrake and Suse and Debian and..... ...
    (alt.os.linux)