Re: Best Distro?

On 2008-05-12, Anonymous <eelbash@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Any suggestions? I know almost nothing about linux.

Slackware: Simplicity through transparency.

nb

  • Re: Best Distro?
    ... Slackware: Simplicity through transparency. ... you might want to crawl before you take ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Where to start?
    ... > - NO knowledge of Linux or Unix ... Get the latest set of Slackware CD's. ... But don't hog tie yourself with the Windows way of doing things. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Linux Becomes Female?
    ... >> What in the world is feminine about the words SuSE, ... LInux is really a pretty wide field. ... a big thing, Debian and even Slackware. ... of the counterculture are mainstream. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Confessions of a Linux Wannabe
    ... administration gui/tool does little to promote learning of the actual ... Slackware, on the other hand, is much better if you are serious about ... learning Linux. ... Slackware 9.0 still has ALL the latest desktops and browsers ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: machine
    ... Thanks for the excellent response to my questions about linux packaging. ... So there is a package manager of sorts for slackware. ... I wasn't actually going to upgrade because I was ... Mozilla would not install because I have galeon ...
    (alt.os.linux)