Re: Best Distro?

General Schvantzkopf wrote:

On Tue, 13 May 2008 00:27:21 +0200, Anonymous wrote:

Any suggestions? I know almost nothing about linux.

It's a matter of taste. The differences are mostly cosmetic, under the
covers the major Linux distros are all using the same components.

I prefer Fedora, but it's probably not the best distro for someone who
has never used Linux. Ubuntu is the most popular distro today, I don't
like it but the things that annoy me about it probably won't bother
someone who has never used Linux before.

Do you have any friends or colleagues who are Linux users? If you do
then you should use what they use so that you will have someone to
give you some help. Once you are comfortable with one Linux distro you
can try the others so that you can find the one you like best.

I prefer Open SuSE and Knoppix ! But the above paragraph is very good
advice !
--
Best Regards:
Baron.

  • Re: Zuverlaessiges DVD Brennprogramm (Ubuntu 8.10)
    ... Diese ewige Diskusion gibt es einzig alleine nur weil Eduard Bloch die ... Wenn die Linux Distributionen juristisch auf der sicheren Seite sein wollten, ... Diese Linux Distros vertreiben alle GNU vcdimager in dem eine Reed Solomon ... GPL Code aufrufen - das ist illegal weil GPL und LGPL inkompatibel sind. ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.linux.misc)
  • RE: NKADM rootkit - Something new?
    ... " Linux distros are... ... in forensic data recovery or incident response on Windows platforms. ... while bootable Linux distros are ... great for doing full-out forensics, ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: [opensuse] World-largest Linux Migration Project
    ... I wonder what a pay-for-it software company thinks of Linux distros ... they would make a Linux version of Word ... these things, well, that is what the court case would be to decide. ... not just the IBM applications groups. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: NKADM rootkit - Something new?
    ... while bootable Linux distros are ... great for doing full-out forensics, ... on Windows systems for gathering volatile data...after ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: OEM License
    ... and take a look at the latest Linux distros. ... I have not intention to disrupt this newsgroup. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)