Re: Best Distro?

General Schvantzkopf wrote:

On Tue, 13 May 2008 00:27:21 +0200, Anonymous wrote:

Any suggestions? I know almost nothing about linux.

It's a matter of taste. The differences are mostly cosmetic, under the
covers the major Linux distros are all using the same components.

I prefer Fedora, but it's probably not the best distro for someone who
has never used Linux. Ubuntu is the most popular distro today, I don't
like it but the things that annoy me about it probably won't bother
someone who has never used Linux before.

Do you have any friends or colleagues who are Linux users? If you do
then you should use what they use so that you will have someone to
give you some help. Once you are comfortable with one Linux distro you
can try the others so that you can find the one you like best.

I prefer Open SuSE and Knoppix ! But the above paragraph is very good
advice !
--
Best Regards:
Baron.