Re: How to increase number of bash history lines?

On 2008-06-02, Jochen Berninger <buzzuz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When I enter

ls -la

in bash shell then approx 500 files are displayed very fast.
When I try to scroll back in the terminal window only the last
approx 100 are available.

How can I increase the number of stored bash history lines?

You are confused. Your shell's history and your terminal's
scroll back buffer are different things. For xterm, see the -sl
option.

--
André Majorel <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
"Cette supposition rappelle assez celle de ce prédicateur qui, en

  • Re: How to increase number of bash history lines?
    ... In comp.os.linux.misc Jochen Berninger wrote: ... in bash shell then approx 500 files are displayed very fast. ... scroll back in the terminal window only the last approx 100 are available. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: How to increase number of bash history lines?
    ... in bash shell then approx 500 files are displayed very fast. ... scroll back in the terminal window only the last approx 100 are available. ... Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, ... If you want your postings to be seen by ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Cant scroll up on two pages in Word document
    ... I am working with a template of approx 30 pages. ... I can scroll down thru the ... It also locks up the document sometimes. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)