Re:Questions

On Jun 3, 9:19 am, Chris Davies <chris-use...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Joker7 <sat_r...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This question has possible been ask so many times before so let me
apologize first.

It's always worth searching the archives before posting (Google groups).

Things I need to have and do,this is more a list of software Im using
and
would need Linux of the same.
Newsplex.

What's newsplex?

Would it be easy to import a Mysql data base made under windows.

The most tricky part to get right is the character mapping. IIRC the
default for Linux doesn't match the default for Windows. The other gotcha
is that mysql on Linux is case-sensitive by default, but on Windows it
isn't. Get that sorted and it's straightforward.

This may be a Apache question but can I still use asp under Apache.

I've not done it but I believe Chilli-ASP may help you here. Can anyone
else confirm?

If anyone has links to idiot guild for Linux and Apache also how to set
up

Try googling for "idiot's guide linux apache"
Chris

Thanks for the reply and the heads up on the mysq .

NewsPlex is a Usenet news-server multiplexer and explorer that works with
any news-reader.
http://home.pacbell.net/robbie22/NewsPlex/

Chris

  • installs
    ... this is a little tricky for me but i like this linux too much ... now i dont want give up so easily and be a windows only person. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: hamster equvalent for linux
    ... to hamster available for Linux are leafnode and newsplex. ... Since you mentioned two GUI newsreaders, ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: Questions
    ... What's newsplex? ... The most tricky part to get right is the character mapping. ... default for Linux doesn't match the default for Windows. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Future of IT in Lebanon
    ... working knowledge of Indian programmers DNA, nor of their intuitive Java ... > So Longhorn is not an experiment and Linux is an experiment? ... another chapter in the Windows story, and the Microsoft marketing machine is ... > application opens, Check the about, it says Microsoft Visual Basic 6.3. ...
    (soc.culture.lebanon)
  • FTP DOWNLOAD! More than 6500 CRACKED SOFTWARE(CAD,CAE,CAM,ED
    ... Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2005 ... DASSAULT SYSTEMES CAA ENOVIA LCA V5R13 ... ALTAIR.OPTISTRUCT V5.1 for LINUX ... ANSYS V8.0 FOR WINDOWS ...