Re: linux kernel without users
- From: Maxwell Lol <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 04 Jun 2008 22:56:47 -0400
I am interested in whether anyone has removed the user id code from
the linux kernel. Maybe for an embedded, single user, capability
based, or other unusual project. I mean to remove all references to
uid,gid,euid,suid,fsuid in task_struct and everywhere else in the
There are lots of embedded Linux systems. I don't know of any that are
single user. It's the drivers and files that take up room.
Some of the early Unix systems had very little memory compared to
nowadays. I ran a VAX 780 with 50 users. It has a max of 1MB of RAM.
- Prev by Date: Re: How to calculate the difference between two timestamps?
- Next by Date: How to move foregroup job to background and logout.
- Previous by thread: Re: linux kernel without users
- Next by thread: Re: linux kernel without users