Linux for low-powered laptop?

Greetings, I have an old Toshiba laptop that I'd like to use as a simple
web access device. It has a Netgear MA521 802.11b wireless card.

Knoppix 5.1 boots fine on the laptop as does Damn Small Linux (a Knoppix
variant), but it's not clear to me how to use the wireless card. I'm
assuming that ndiswrapper will be involved, but using it with a live-cd
distribution is a bit beyond my experience level.

  • Re: Linux for low-powered laptop?
    ... It has a Netgear MA521 802.11b wireless card. ... Knoppix variant), but it's not clear to me how to use the wireless ... increasing the RAM, I think it got up to 96megs, over the time I ... If I was buying a laptop, it would be a secondary computer, and I would ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Linux for low-powered laptop?
    ... It has a Netgear MA521 802.11b wireless card. ... Knoppix 5.1 boots fine on the laptop as does Damn Small Linux (a Knoppix ... Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, ... If you want your postings to be seen by ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Live CDs and wireless cards
    ... Ubuntu and Knoppix but none of them will recognise my laptop ... wireless card that will work with any of these? ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Linux for low-powered laptop?
    ... It has a Netgear MA521 802.11b wireless card. ... Knoppix 5.1 boots fine on the laptop as does Damn Small Linux (a Knoppix ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • wireless connection impossible after ms update
    ... wireless card until i installed an update it stopped ... this happened a couiple of months ago. ... any help woul be very much appreciated. ...