Re: What is a good DVD player for Linux?

ToddAndMargo wrote:
Hi All,

What is a good DVD player for Linux? MPlayer will
not play my movie's menues and only will play a
few on my tracks. It there something better?

Many thanks,
-T

I use xine. You might look here:

http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/xine/

^^-^^ 20:45:01 up 4 days, 1:22, 4 users, load average: 4.30, 4.23, 4.19

  • Re: Bash tee: equivalent behaviour in tcl [Linux]
    ... Under Linux, I want to play audio files using 'mplayer' (a command line ... media player) in a terminal window with the output from mplayer being ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: [OT] Thanks to Nathan
    ... But sometimes I play nethack, which for me is in the second category. ... the Linux distributions, going from one to the Next Big Thing, never really learning much but just following the trends. ... Internet, and writing, and I certainly can do the latter with a simple text editor, I've barely used ... Until I bought an Aspire One ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: listening to protected audio cds
    ... The store didn't want to refund my money because it was opened but there was no warning on the package saying that the CD could only be played in a Windows computer. ... The clerk told me to install the software and I asked them to get me the Linux version. ... I'm pretty sure that as long as normal audio players can play the CD, the PC CD/DVD drive can play one as well. ... Back when I was using Windows, I've killed autorun immediately upon windows install since '97 or so - so none of the protected CDs ever installed anything. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Video: Pike vs. Metal
    ... whether people who run MacOS and Linux can play the video without ... mplayer plays pretty much everything on linux. ... Did everybody look tall and skinny when you watched it in mplayer? ...
    (rec.sport.disc)
  • Re: AVG scheduled full scans - Sheesh!!!
    ... minutes I got to play with it in the shop convinced me that I need ... about 100GBP extra for a netbook with Windows. ... The answer is Linux and no residuals payable to Microsoft. ... I figured a laptop was a portable PC. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)