Script to check webserver daily

Howdy,

I am now going to be managing several RH servers acting mainly as web
servers.
Each server will be running PHP, mySQL & Apache.

I'm looking for guidance on what sort of system things I should be
watching on a daily basis to best maintain these servers.

Ultimately I'd like to come up with a script that can run a daily
check of major systems on the server and email me a summary but I'm
not sure what all I should be monitoring. Things like disk space,
service status are obvious...I'm sure there's more out there I should
be keeping track of.

Any guidance or example scripts would be great.

Thanks,
J-

  • Re: Deny rules...
    ... services client I have not implemented it. ... Tony Su ... >The Script makes sure the ip to be blocked is not itīs ... >I have few outside servers to connect from to my servers ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Re: Software configuration management tool required
    ... If it automates ... and 100-ish servers, it's just not going to happen. ... you test it by running the rc?.d script that init will ... > because Oracle or some vendor tells them to do so. ...
    (comp.unix.admin)
  • Trying to backup Security Event Logs
    ... I have this script that is running on a couple of servers on a daily basis. ... On the computer I'm having trouble with I will see a .evt file ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: trouble with a script
    ... Your snippet of code doesn't look like sh on FreeBSD. ... Basically, I want my script to prompt me for two inputs, then append to ... The user input would be "domain.com", ... is how we set up a client's site on our servers. ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: login script failing?
    ... Well if all DCs are in same site/local lan, and only some mappings ... If you manually run that script after user logs on does the mapping occur? ... How do you know whch servers are the users logging on? ... relevant servers but no matter what I put in the login script, ...