Script to check webserver daily

Howdy,

I am now going to be managing several RH servers acting mainly as web
servers.
Each server will be running PHP, mySQL & Apache.

I'm looking for guidance on what sort of system things I should be
watching on a daily basis to best maintain these servers.

Ultimately I'd like to come up with a script that can run a daily
check of major systems on the server and email me a summary but I'm
not sure what all I should be monitoring. Things like disk space,
service status are obvious...I'm sure there's more out there I should
be keeping track of.

Any guidance or example scripts would be great.

Thanks,
J-

  • Re: Deny rules...
    ... services client I have not implemented it. ... Tony Su ... >The Script makes sure the ip to be blocked is not itīs ... >I have few outside servers to connect from to my servers ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Re: Software configuration management tool required
    ... If it automates ... and 100-ish servers, it's just not going to happen. ... you test it by running the rc?.d script that init will ... > because Oracle or some vendor tells them to do so. ...
    (comp.unix.admin)
  • Trying to backup Security Event Logs
    ... I have this script that is running on a couple of servers on a daily basis. ... On the computer I'm having trouble with I will see a .evt file ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: trouble with a script
    ... Your snippet of code doesn't look like sh on FreeBSD. ... Basically, I want my script to prompt me for two inputs, then append to ... The user input would be "domain.com", ... is how we set up a client's site on our servers. ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: IIS 4.0 DOS attack?
    ... Subject: IIS 4.0 DOS attack? ... patch distribution script we use (exploded hotfixes applied through ... a lot of our servers were fine -- we just ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)