Re: DVI vs VGS graphics

I demand that Mike Fontenot may or may not have written...

I recently ordered (and have received) a Dell Inspiron PC. I ordered it
with the default Intel integrated (on-motherboard) graphics, because I'm
not interested in gaming or cpu-intensive graphics. But I was disappointed
when I discovered that it doesn't have a DVI connector...I had read that
DVI was invented specifically for LCD displays, to avoid the unnecessary
D/A and A/D conversion. (And my display IS a large flat-panel LCD).
[snip]
Does anyone have any input to provide on the perceptible difference in
image quality for DVI vs VGA (analog) connectivity?

It looks like you want an SDVO card.

| + Buy local produce. Try to walk or cycle. TRANSPORT CAUSES GLOBAL WARMING.

Do not take life too seriously; you will never get out of it alive.
.