Re: DVI vs VGS graphics

I demand that Mike Fontenot may or may not have written...

I recently ordered (and have received) a Dell Inspiron PC. I ordered it
with the default Intel integrated (on-motherboard) graphics, because I'm
not interested in gaming or cpu-intensive graphics. But I was disappointed
when I discovered that it doesn't have a DVI connector...I had read that
DVI was invented specifically for LCD displays, to avoid the unnecessary
D/A and A/D conversion. (And my display IS a large flat-panel LCD).
[snip]
Does anyone have any input to provide on the perceptible difference in
image quality for DVI vs VGA (analog) connectivity?

It looks like you want an SDVO card.

| + Buy local produce. Try to walk or cycle. TRANSPORT CAUSES GLOBAL WARMING.

Do not take life too seriously; you will never get out of it alive.

  • Re: Why Does Dell LCD Lock Out 1:1 Mode?
    ... Same reason you can't set brightness, etc. in DVI. ... We have one LCD attached by VGA and one by DVI, ... Note I have never seen a control in Display Property settings of Windows to ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Kaufempfehlung, evtl Pan. AE900
    ... so kann man sehr gut Geld sparen!! ... Waere praktisch, wenn ich per DVI ein 1600x1200 Signal an ... Es ist wie bei einem LCD Schirm. ...
    (de.rec.film.heimkino)
  • Re: Recommendations for LCD
    ... >>recommendations for a good, reliable, and not much expensive LCD. ... > Very good picture quality and nice looking design. ... > Important to me has been digital (DVI) and analog port and Pivot ... Did someone try the dell LCD? ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Proper connection for my new LCD screen?
    ... Just bought a new 19" ACER LCD last night. ... connection and so does my ATI video card. ... I went ahead and connected Dvi ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video)