Re: How do you update peripheral firmware?

Steve <tinker123@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:5f0e6239-de8a-4f9e-a179-
88873ff3df69@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

case that I have to update the firmware on the router above. The only
way to do that according the company web site is with software for
windows or the mac.

What do all of you do in that situation?

How do you update your firmware?

Can't personally help ya on this issue but if you have no luck receiving
pertinent information here, you might want to post your query to the
following Ubuntu newsgroup:

alt.os.linux.ubuntu

  • 15 reasons Macs are still better than Windows PCs
    ... With Windows 7 coming up, it's time to yet again ponder on whether ... I long ago stopped actively seeking out Mac vs PC discussions (partly ... Apple uses good quality parts. ... problem lies from those three apps. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Apple Notebook
    ... die gerne mit Unix Befehlen arbeiten und sich freuen, ... mich stören weder UNIX-Befehle (neben Mac OS X benutze ich selbst z.B. u.A. auch HP-UX, UNIX ist für mich also kein Fremder) noch Leute, die mit ihrem Mac zufrieden sind. ... Mich stört auch nicht, dass Windows mit Ausnahme von Windows Server 2003 R2 keine UNIX-Befehle kann, genauer gesagt geht mir das ziemlich am Allerwertesten vorbei, einfach weil der Bedarf nicht vorhanden ist. ... Und das nicht nur deswegen, weil Apple schlichtweg keinen professionellen Support anbietet, sondern weil die Masse der wichtigen Anwendungen eben nicht unter Mac OS X läuft, sondern unter Windows oder allenfalls noch Linux. ...
    (de.comp.sys.notebooks)
  • Re: I really do like OS X but . . .
    ... I think he was pointing out that Microsoft has to ensure backwards compatibility with the older MS-DOS based versions of Windows, which introduces a number of problems. ... But, of course, Mac users have no choice but to upgrade... ... support perspective too. ... even going to try to claim the PPC port of gcc is anywhere near as good ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: 15 reasons Macs are still better than Windows PCs
    ... 15 reasons Macs are still better than Windows PCs ... With Windows 7 coming up, it's time to yet again ponder on whether ... Microsoft has the upper hand in operating systems. ... I long ago stopped actively seeking out Mac vs PC discussions (partly ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Aqua is a Plastic Cube!
    ... if WPF were put into Apple's old Mac OS X ... the problem this platform has is that it's rather vaguely defined, ... better than it is on X Windows or Windows XP. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)