Re: WTF is it with ubuntu?

* Bill Marcum wrote in comp.os.linux.misc:

On 2008-10-14, notbob <notbob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2008-10-14, propman <prop_m@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Time to put up or shut up..........list the various makes,models
along with their relevent specs that you have tried installing
ubuntu on.

Why?

All meet ubuntu's min reqs and other liveCDs boot jes fine. I even
did the CD test with 8.10. It said CD was fine. Why do other
liveCDs work ok, but not ubuntu? That is the question, not what kind
of h/w I have. I will

How do you expect anyone to answer that question, with no information
on how your systems differ from those that boot perfectly well with
Ubuntu?

He dosent, he is a slackware shill attempting to start a flame war

--
David

  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 56, Issue 333
    ... to Karl ... Installing Ubuntu ) ... are wasting their time making anti-virus for linux, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 51, Issue 167
    ... Stupid Ubuntu 8.10 ... Installing Intrepid from the Alternate CD ... Installing Intrepid from the Alternate CD ... copy lab drives. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Taking of installing stuff in different OSs ..
    ... I can interchange between Mac and Linux quite easily. ... Of course you didn't 1) See above and 2) Things like installing apps ... And what's this extra stuff that OSX does for you? ... That's not the case with Ubuntu, ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • need help
    ... I just update my system to Ubuntu 9.10 and find that I could not connect internet. ... Installing WIcd Using Ubuntu CD After NM Quit ... problem with setting up Xen networking ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [OT] Ping No Stop
    ... My reply is at the bottom of your sent message: ... Ubuntu, you'd want .deb packages. ... Can someone with 98 or XP read a .deb package if I were to ... I installed Ubuntu just now and I have downloaded all the updates which are currently installing. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)