Re: directories do not shrink automatically

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 07:05:33 -0400, Maxwell Lol wrote:

Trying to recover 8K of space on a 200GB disk is silly.
But you are correct.

It is sometimes worth it for a speed improvement, there are a few
directories I've had to do that to after sorting out the contents.

--
Chakat Firepaw - Inventor & Scientist (Mad)

  • Re: FS Batch of classic boards, lots of Atari vector
    ... Yeah I'd be a lot more inclined to pick up a group of say 4 or 5 monitors, a couple of good ones and a few mediocre or junk ones than a pile of 20 of them, even if all 20 were pretty good. ... Even if I lived remotely nearby, I couldn't fit more than that in my car, nor would I have any place to put them all while sorting through to get rid of the ones I didn't want. ... Untested desirable classic boards may be worth $40-$100+ each, but a lot of ten of them ought to be at the low end of the scale, a lot of 100 of them would have to be down in the 5-10 bucks each range to be worth the effort of transporting, sorting, identifying, testing, and then selling the extras. ... A hypothetical lot of 1,000 boards would need to be in the $1-$5 range before I think they'd move due to the relatively small pool of potential buyers with the time, facilities, and money to deal with such a large quantity. ...
    (rec.games.video.arcade.collecting)
  • Re: Best portable sat nav?
    ... I get paid more than dot for sorting out computer problems so my ... opinion *must* be worth more than his. ...
    (uk.rec.driving)
  • Re: code to sort a table
    ... >> i'm just starting out on javascript. ... > sorting a table is not possible if you are starting ... ... For what it's worth both of those example seem a lot more complex than they ... data storage mechanism. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: [ADMIN] Additional moderator(s) sought for ubuntu-users list - clarifications
    ... For what my opinion's worth as a very small scale contributor to this list, I've often found it useful in sorting out the problems I've had with Ubuntu Linux. ... It doesn't even strike me as a serious enough problem to require heavy-handed moderation. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: HVAC air intake near gas heater
    ... More personal, insulting and uninformativ claptrap, which renders any small item of ... information contributed not worth the effort of sorting through the antagonistic ...
    (alt.home.repair)