Re: Crontab doesn't run jobs

VP <telodico@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I usually put on my debian systems an auto poweroff entry with

crontab -e

30 18 * * * /sbin/poweroff

what can be?

Hmmm. The crontab in Debian usually has an extra field for user. Maybe
you have been using an exremely old Debian, or an alternative
(non-default) cron package. Try this:

# m h dom mon dow user command
30 18 * * * root /sbin/poweroff

Regards,

Mark.

--
Mark Hobley
Linux User: #370818 http://markhobley.yi.org/

  • OS X cron or equivelent?
    ... I've finally got around to automating, I've written a perl script for ... Under Debian I'd edit my crontab with "crontab -e", ... Hmmm... ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: OS X cron or equivelent?
    ... Under Debian I'd edit my crontab with "crontab -e", ... Hmmm... ... The MacOS does include a cron, but as of 10.4 it's considered ... a daemon that rolls the ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: cron cant find root or operator
    ... > You've got a user's crontab created in the format of the system ... > The system crontab has an extra field to designate the user under ... Do you Yahoo!? ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: cron cant find root or operator
    ... > You've got a user's crontab created in the format of the system ... > The system crontab has an extra field to designate the user under ... cron interprets it as the command to be run and the errors ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: cron cant find root or operator
    ... > messages from cron, like this - ... You've got a user's crontab created in the format of the system crontab. ... The system crontab has an extra field to designate the user under which ...
    (freebsd-questions)