Re: Crontab doesn't run jobs

VP <telodico@xxxxxxx> writes:

Jean-David Beyer ha scritto:

ls -l /var/spool/cron returns:

drwxrwx--T 2 daemon daemon 24 2008-11-30 16:07 atjobs
drwxrwx--T 2 daemon daemon 8 2008-11-29 19:36 atspool
drwx-wx--T 2 root crontab 4096 2008-12-01 00:45 crontabs
See, on my machine (RHEL 5), /var/spool contains only a file for
each user that has an individual crontab. Thus, it appears as
follows:
# ls -l cron
total 4
-rw------- 1 jdbeyer root 488 Nov 17 2007 jdbeyer
/var/spool/at/spool would contain the at jobs (I have none).
Your distro must keep them in different places. I infer yours keeps
at jobs in atjobs, cron jobs in crontabs, etc. So my revised
question is, what is in /var/spool/cron/crontabs ?

there is just the root file containing exactly what i put into it.

my distro is debian etch.

i'm starting to think about any cron alternative for this computer :(

Has anyone asked you to verify that crond is running?

Run this command, looking for this result:

my sys> ps -ef | grep [c]rond
root 2230 1 0 Nov26 ? 00:00:00 crond

You should be able to see messages from CROND in /var/log/messages:

my sys> grep -i crond /var/log/messages

  • Re: Crontab doesnt run jobs
    ... user that has an individual crontab. ... Your distro must keep them in different places. ... I infer yours keeps at jobs in atjobs, cron jobs in crontabs, etc. So my revised question ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Crontab doesnt run jobs
    ... user that has an individual crontab. ... Your distro must keep them in different places. ... I infer yours keeps at jobs in atjobs, cron jobs in crontabs, etc. So my revised question is, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Crontab doesnt run jobs
    ... user that has an individual crontab. ... Your distro must keep them in different places. ... I infer yours keeps at jobs in atjobs, cron jobs in crontabs, etc. So my revised question is, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: DOM timers and the system clock.
    ... CRON jobs are set to fire at specific times. ... Duration is defined as the interval between two points in time. ... If the OS only has one timer, how do you suggest it keeps track ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: [Leafnode] & [slrn] page: Comments?
    ... which makes the error messages more difficult to find. ... Leafnode 2 docs only speak of a 'news.info' log, ... Many of the cron jobs in slackware report to /dev/null, ...
    (news.software.readers)