Re: Crontab doesn't run jobs

VP <telodico@xxxxxxx> writes:

Jean-David Beyer ha scritto:

ls -l /var/spool/cron returns:

drwxrwx--T 2 daemon daemon 24 2008-11-30 16:07 atjobs
drwxrwx--T 2 daemon daemon 8 2008-11-29 19:36 atspool
drwx-wx--T 2 root crontab 4096 2008-12-01 00:45 crontabs
See, on my machine (RHEL 5), /var/spool contains only a file for
each user that has an individual crontab. Thus, it appears as
follows:
# ls -l cron
total 4
-rw------- 1 jdbeyer root 488 Nov 17 2007 jdbeyer
/var/spool/at/spool would contain the at jobs (I have none).
Your distro must keep them in different places. I infer yours keeps
at jobs in atjobs, cron jobs in crontabs, etc. So my revised
question is, what is in /var/spool/cron/crontabs ?

there is just the root file containing exactly what i put into it.

my distro is debian etch.

i'm starting to think about any cron alternative for this computer :(

Has anyone asked you to verify that crond is running?

Run this command, looking for this result:

my sys> ps -ef | grep [c]rond
root 2230 1 0 Nov26 ? 00:00:00 crond

You should be able to see messages from CROND in /var/log/messages:

my sys> grep -i crond /var/log/messages
.