Re: if your headless server wont reboot
- From: Handover Phist <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 21:43:55 -0800
Robert Heller :
At Tue, 02 Dec 2008 23:08:16 +0000 The Natural Philosopher <a@xxx> wrote:
..always check the kittes haven't ripped the keyboard cable out of the
'Halt on no error'
Yes, many BIOS have just such a setting. It allows booting to continue,
in the event of certain (silly) errors, like "Keyboard not detected"...
[OTOH, some older Dell servers don't have this setting and won't boot if
the keyboard is not detected...]
Sometimes you have to look at the dumb things smart people do and just
think "Yeah, that last dumb thing I did really isn't anywhere near that
What I want to find out is -- do parrots know much about Astro-Turf?
- Prev by Date: Re: Building a Linux Box
- Next by Date: Re: how do I make "setenforce 0" permanent?
- Previous by thread: Re: if your headless server wont reboot
- Next by thread: Re: if your headless server wont reboot